How | Tips | Answer

Monday, April 29, 2019

Do you have any advice for freelancers who also work and parent at home?

The best advice I can give is schedules! I know its hard with little ones, but scheduling is everything. When I first started full-time freelancing on 99designs, I had three little ones ages 7, 5 and 3. It was hard, to say the least.

At first, I would work while they were eating or doing an activity like watching TV. I pretty much worked a few minutes here and there throughout the day answering any questions clients had and taking note of what I needed to work on later. Then, after the kids went to bed (at 7pm exactly), I would work late into the night.
As the years went by and I had more children, something wonderful happened. My older kids became big enough to help supervise the younger ones, so I was able to work more.
Since I homeschool my children, our schedule revolves around their school and my work. While they are busy with school (an online academy), I can work. I take a break for lunch and continue working from 1:30 to 5 pm.
Thanks you... Read More
Post computer zoom design   
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
thehillel.org Directory